Wednesday 10 June 2015

Okamino and Beyond
Saturday, June 6, 2015
The Saskatoons are almost ready on the WRT hike. The July/August like heat has turned my brain to afternoons at the beach and in fact, swimming as if it were July and August. It is stunning.
 Peter and his dog Sieben which is a German word. Peter told us the meaning, but I can't remember. Must be the heat.

Sunday, June 7, 2015
After all our Sunday morning calls, it is really too late to hike up this broiling hillside, but we did it anyway. It took a few minutes under the shade to feel like we could go on.


Monday, June 8th, 2015
A Deer Knoll hike today and the view across are the hills I normally climb. This is early in the morning as it promised and delivered very hot weather. 

Tuesday, June 9th, 2015
A heArt Fit morning with Karen demonstrating a method of spontaneous painting which is to apply a dot of paint and blow at it with a straw. I tried, I really tried and ended up finger painting. I guess I just don't have a lot of blow.

 Keith used another tactic which is to use a print from the dollar store or a second hand store and redress it with his own marks. I like what he did, transforming ordinary into extraordinary. It would be a useful lesson for people timid in trying to paint something of their own. Letting go on top of an established structure.

Wednesday, June 10, 2015
I think these are wild gooseberries on my WRT hike.


No comments: