Monday 11 May 2015


Okamino and Beyond
Sunday afternoon Blake and his son Spencer came over and helped us drape the Kootenay Covers over our cherry trees. This prevents a nasty fly from inserting a larva in the cherry which devours the cherry from the inside as it matures. Spencer is 6'7" tall and has to duck under doors. He also is wicked bright and is studying economics. Thanks Blake and Spencer. 

 Monday bike ride and I spied these as I zipped along the Mission Greenway.  These are Mountain Lady Slippers, so tiny, unlike the large pink ones from home. Happiness #1 is getting to see these. Happiness #2 and #3 is that I have always loved botany and used to take pleasure in identifying plants in the woods with my older brother Michel. 

I'm going to have to start looking up when I ride my bike, but glad I din't for this clump of papery seeds floating around on the sidewalk today. Don't know what kind of tree/bush these are from.


No comments: