Saturday 6 December 2014

Day 6 - Okamino and Beyond

Today, my Facebook friend and very witty person Jessica "remembers that Parliament declared December 6 to be the national day of remembrance and action on violence against women because of the work of women MPs. I didn't realize until this year that December 6 is also the anniversary of the first woman MP elected in Canada." Neither did I.

Right now it is raining as if to fill the lake, but earlier on our Knox Mountain hike, it was only drizzling. We wore our Ice Trekkers with diamond grip to give us traction on those slippery slopes. The views weren't spectacular, 'cause you couldn't see them for the fog. When living in Ontario and singing Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer I could never figure out the foggy Christmas eve part.  Our Christmas eves were snowing or cold or both, but never foggy. Glad I got that important mystery solved by living in the Okanagan.

A strange blend of my little kitty and mickey mouse which someone found and placed on a shelf for the owner.

At the top of Knox you can only see the hand in front of your face. Well, almost. I've been known to exaggerate.



Hadn't been to Giobeans for a very long time and so treated ourselves to a latte and a quick look through the Globe and Mail. So, so comforting.




No comments: